Reflecting a strong tradition of caring and sense of community, the Mission of Nantucket Cottage
Hospital (NCH) is to be the island’s primary source of a full range of health and wellness
services. NCH assumes the leadership role within the community by collaborating with other
local organizations, to ensure availability of an integrated array of healthcare services and to
respond to needs of the increasingly diverse and expanding Nantucket community. Led by a
proficient and dedicated cadre of physicians, management, staff, and volunteers, the NCH team
provides services in a confident, compassionate, respectful and responsive manner; is fiscally
responsible; and is prepared to respond to every healthcare need either directly, from within the
community, or indirectly, through an extensive network of off-island healthcare partners. NCH
will promote wellness for people of all ages through prevention, education and readily
accessible healthcare services in an effort to improve the general health, vitality and quality of
life for all Nantucket residents and visitors.
(NOTICE: Nantucket Cottage Hospital is a not-for-profit, short term, acute care Community Hospital that
pursues its Mission within the framework of a formal Community Benefits Plan. The community benefits
plan will include bringing together people from various segments of the community to provide the best
possible strategic analysis of community needs.
It is the vision of the Nantucket Cottage Hospital to be recognized as one of New England’s
leading community hospitals and a leader in providing exceptional wellness and healthcare
services to a diverse Nantucket community
We at Nantucket Cottage Hospital hold these values to be fundamental:
- Dedication to Excellence: Commitment to work together to meet the needs of those we serve in the most competent, professional and compassionate way.
- Respect: The dignity and individual rights of every patient and employee are seen as
the responsibility of every caregiver, employee and patient.
- Integrity: Commitment to the highest personal, organizational and ethical standards; providing patient care in a responsible, accountable manner.
- Quality: Efficient service to the community with the highest level of skill while striving for continuous improvement.
- Confidentiality: Privileged information is protected and privacy standards are upheld.Communication: Effective and appropriate exchange of information with our patients, community, staff and partners in healthcare.
- Safety: Dedicated to providing an emotionally and physically safe and accessible environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Teamwork: Fostering an open, creative, and challenging work environment built on