Saturday, May 4, 2013
8:00 am - 11:00 am
The annual Health Fair, sponsored by the Peter M. Sacerdote Family, offers an array of healthcare services, including informational sessions, demonstrations and educational materials. Throughout the morning, Nantucket Cottage Hospital staff, island wellness leaders and experts from Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Partners HealthCare will be available to meet with attendees throughout the main lobby and visiting areas of the hospital. Highlights include:
- A presentation by Dr. Thabele Leslie-Mazwi from Partners HealthCare TeleStroke and MGH TeleNeurology Programs. May is Stroke Awareness Month and Dr. Leslie-Mazwi will discuss important information on stroke education. Additionally, he will discuss how, thanks to telemedicine, stroke specialists from Brigham and Women’s Hospital and MGH can examine Nantucket patients regardless of location to help diagnose the patient's situation and recommend a plan of care.
- Dr. Suzanne Duncan, an expert in pain, spine and sports medicine, will present an educational session on pain management and the best ways to treat various types of pain associated with a wide variety of injuries.
- The warm weather brings with it a variety of active injuries across the island. Therefore, the entire rehabilitation services department from Nantucket Cottage Hospital will be on hand to conduct ankle and foot assessments, as well as massages. They will also be available to answer any questions related to sports injuries and correct posturing when doing a variety of exercises.
Additional offerings this year include:
- Blood Pressure Testing
- Body Fat Analysis from Nantucket Health Club
- Postural/Chiropractic Screening
- Prescription Management Advice
- Family Planning/HIV Testing
- Glucose Testing
Among the NCH departments participating:
- Heart Health
- NCH OB: Maternal Depression
- NCH Emergency Department: stroke education
- NCH Informatics Nurse
- NCH Operating Room: colonoscopy education
- NCH Nurse Educator
- Orthopedic (Q&A)
Community organizations on hand include:
- A Safe Place
- Autism Speaks
- Nantucket Fire Dept/CPR education
- Palliative & Supportive Care of Nantucket
- Visiting Nurses
- Yoga for Wellness
The annual Health Fair, sponsored by the Peter M. Sacerdote Family, offers an array of health care services, including informational sessions, demonstrations and educational materials.
Admission to the 2013 Health Fair is FREE.
Download 2013 Registration Form in ENGLISH here
You may also register at the door.
La Feria de la Salud de Nantucket Cottage Hospital es el 4 de mayo del 2013 de 8 a.m.-11 a.m. en el hospital, localizado en 57 Prospect Street, Nantucket. Para más información llame al: (508) 825-8250