Chemotherapy and infusion services
This outpatient program provides for the administration of chemotherapy and other special medication by certified registered nurses under the direction of your physician and oncologist. A newly refurbished chemotherapy room provides a comfortable atmosphere during treatment.
- All nurses who administer chemotherapy at NCH have been trained and successfully have completed the chemotherapy and biotherapy providers’ course from the Oncology Nurses Society.
- All FDA approved chemotherapy/biotherapy can be administered here.
- Patients in clinical trials may receive part of their treatment at the discretion of their oncologist and island physician.
- Monthly follow up visits with Oncologist from Cape Cod Cancer Center.
Infusion therapy involves the administration of medication through a needle or catheter. Typically, "infusion therapy" means that a drug is administered intravenously, but the term also may refer to situations where drugs are provided through other non-oral routes, such as intramuscular injections.
- Antibiotic therapy
- IV therapy
- Blood and blood product transfusions
- SQ/IM injections
- Wound care
For more information call Charlene Chadwick RN, BSN, OCN at 508-825-8260