Chemotherapy and infusion services
This outpatient program provides for the administration of chemotherapy and other special medication by certified registered nurses under the direction of your physician
and oncologists. A newly refurbished chemotherapy room provides a comfortable atmosphere during treatment.
- All nurses who administer chemotherapy at NCH have been trained and
successfully have completed the chemotherapy and biotherapy providers’ course from the Oncology Nurses Society.
- All FDA approved chemotherapy/biotherapy can be administered here.
- Patients in clinical trials may receive part of their treatment at the discretion of their oncologist and island physician.
- Treatments are prescribed by physicians in the Mass General Hematology/
Oncology Service at Nantucket Cottage Hospital. To learn more about the Mass General Hematology/Oncology Service at NCH, please click here or call 855-508-5275.
Infusion therapy involves the administration of medication through a needle or catheter. Typically, "infusion therapy" means that a drug is administered intravenously, but the
term also may refer to situations where drugs are provided through other non-oral
routes, such as intramuscular injections. These services must be prescribed by your physician.
- Antibiotic therapy
- IV therapy
- Blood and blood product transfusions
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- SQ/IM injections
- Wound care
Hours: Patients are scheduled Monday through Friday during daytime hours for routine treatments. Patients needing daily services will be scheduled on the weekend.
For more information call Charlene Chadwick RN, BSN, OCN at 508-825-8260